Analog Sound Level Meter
Velleman Part Number: AVM2050
This is a quality analog sound level meter, suitable for a variety of applications where measuring sound levels in dB is required. This meter features adjustable ranges, A and C weights and a switchable response time.
Testing of this device at Vetco reveals it is very accurate at sound frequencies below 8kHz. Above this the reading may be less reliable.
- 7 sound level ranges: 50 to 126dB
- A and C weighting for sound analyses
- Fast/Slow response: allows intermediate and high level measurements
- Battery level indicator
- RCA output jack
- Range: up to 126dB
- Measuring Scales: 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120dB
- Load impedance: 1kohm min.
- Distortion: < 2% at 1kHz, 0.5V
- Microphone: electret condenser microphone, omnidirectional, directionality increases at higher frequencies
- Precision: ± 2dB at 144dB
- Weighting: A or C
- Response: slow or fast
- Output signal: max. 1V deviation at 1kHz for the entire range
- Power Supply: 9V battery (incl.)
- Built-in battery test: OK indication between 7 and 10.5V
- Battery life: 110 operating hours (alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions: 6.3" x 2.4" x 1.7"
- Weight: ± 6.53oz
Click on an image below to enlarge: